Affordable and Qualitative Education - Training - Apprenticeship - In…
Justification for the selection of the Objective
The role of education is crucial in developing and empowering the personality of children and young people, as well as in defending their rights as citizens. That is why continuous improvement of education as a non-negotiable social good is a key priority and a commitment of the State towards an equal society (equity and equality). The quality of education is both a basic individual right and a foundation of inclusive societies.
Education focuses on six priority areas with specific targets by 2020, and is included as the fourth UN Goal 4 (SDG 4) for sustainable development:
- Education for all, equality, non-discrimination and visibility of citizenship-related skills.
- Appropriate and high-quality knowledge, skills and competences focusing on learning outcomes, with a view to employability, innovation and active citizenship.
- Open and innovative education and training that are fully adapted to the digital age.
- Support offered to trainers.
- Transparency and recognition of skills and qualifications to facilitate learning and mobility of human resources.
- Sustainable investment, performance and effectiveness of education and training systems.
In order to enable youth to successfully assimilate knowledge, to develop skills and to have confidence, we must provide them with a modern and democratic school environment that is in favor of social justice and equal opportunities. By improving the quality of education, we can create the conditions that enable young people to bring their different interests and skills to the fore (learning skills, work skills and life skills), develop their personality and to live in a creative way. At the same time, we must contribute to the creation of support conditions for children and young people, with an emphasis on the family environment, education potential, the autonomy of educational subsystems and the appropriate infrastructure, the link of educational structures with business innovation and research centers at regional and local level, as well as to the strengthening of the scientific human resources that our country has.
Sub-objective 2.1: Equal and fair access for all children to good quality pre-school and care programs.
Sub-objective 2.2: Facilitating the access of children and young people to high quality universal primary and secondary education.
Sub-objective 2.3: Quality upgrading of Vocational Education and Training (VET) and its linkage to the overall development plan of the State.
Sub-objective 2.4: Upgrading and Ensuring Quality in Higher Education (AEI-TEI) and strengthening its open character.