1. What is the European Youth Card?
You’re young, right?
You are in Europe, right?
You want to get the most out of being young and in Europe?
The General Secretariat for Youth and the Youth Institute of the Hellenic Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs in cooperation with the European Youth Card Association, EYCA, promotes a unique communication, entertainment and information tool, the European Youth Card.
Discover Europe…with the European Youth Card!
You can use your European Youth Card in all members states of the EYCA.
European Youth Card Association, EYCA, is responsible for the co-ordination of all local and national organizations that issue and distribute the European Youth Card.
The General Secretariat for Youth and the Institute for Youth are members of the European Youth Card Association and responsible for the European Youth Card promotion in Greece.
European Youth Card: for Youth only!
• The European Youth Card is available for all the young people aged between 13 and 30.
• The European Youth Card is valid for one year and it only costs 10 euros
• You can renew your European Youth Card every year, until you reach 30 years.
Just show your card…and gain access everywhere in Europe!
• The European Youth Card provides you with thousands of special benefits and discounts in products and services in Greece and 37 other countries.
• All around Europe 5 million young people carry this card and already benefit from more than 10.000 offers for travel, cultural events, transportation, services, stores and much more.
Here is a list of the benefits and discounts you can gain in Greece by using the card (the list is already long and new and exciting benefits are being added everyday):
Culture: movies, theaters, museums, cultural events and concerts ...
Shopping: Clothes, optical, hairdressers, beauty salons, gyms, jewelers, bookstores, bikes, household items / gift ...
Entertainment / Dining: Restaurants, bars, cafes, club ...
Education: Language schools, secondary education, vocational training institutes, seminars, computer ...
Tourism: Travel agencies, hotels, apartments, camping, car rental ...
2. How can I get hold of the European Youth Card?
· Submit the online application and receive notice from the post office to receive the card by paying 10 euros.
· Send the application along with a small sized passport/identity photo at the following address:
For the European Youth Card
Institute for Youth
417, Acharnon Avenue, 11143 Athens
and take notice from the post office to receive the card by paying 10 euros.
· Come to the Institute for Youth offices of Youth Institute and acquire the card.
3. How can I be informed on the benefits and discounts the card offers me?
To find out in which other European countries you may use the card and the discounts you can also get there just check the official European Youth Card web page: http://www.europeanyouthcard.gr/ or the European version: http://www.europeanyouthcard.org/
For more information:
General Secretariat For Youth
Institute for Youth
417, Acharnon Avenue
tel.: 210 25 99 422, 210 25 99 444
• http://www.europeanyouthcard.gr/: the European Youth Card website in Greece.
• http://www.europeanyouthcard.org/: visit the official European Youth Card Association website where you can get informed about all the benefits you can enjoy in Europe.